Thursday, March 29, 2018

1.5 Worry and Joy

Maybe it was not the best decision she had made, Zoe mused while cleaning the glasses. It was a slow night with no client in sight, so she had time to think about her problems.


Even though no test had been done, she knew her body enough to guess that she was pregnant again. And that was something that filled her with worry and joy at the same time because she didn't have enough money to feed one more mouth but the mere idea of another baby made her smile like only Bellandra manages it.

Spending time with her daughter was one the thing she loved the most, teaching her skills or simple making her laught. So, despite the little money she made, another baby would only be a good thing.


Her suspicions were confirmed a few days later.


With a new pregnancy, the dilemma of telling Devin began once again.

Again the nights thinking if it was her right to hide it or not, again the silences on the phone when they talked about how the life of each one was going.

"The last time we saw each other I wanted to tell you something but I couldn't do it." Devin said at the end of one of his usual calls, Zoe understood the feeling perfectly. "And I'm embarrassed to admit that maybe I would not have done it if it wasn't because tomorrow will be on the news."

A few hours later, when the conversation was over, she stared at the empty space of her kitchen thinking that she should feel more angry than she was but the problem was that he wasn't the only who had deceived and hidden the true. But at least her doubts were gone and the certainty that Devin would never know about her children had taken hold of her.

The next morning, the news of the engagement of Devin Ashton and Calorine Custard were everywhere.


This second pregnancy was a little more uncomfortable than the first, her belly had grown more than the previous one but it didn't stop Zoe from holding Bellandra to blow the candles.


It was a shock to see her daugther was a mini Devin.


She's a friendly girl that dazzle sims with her smile.


Zoe had a couple of opportunities to teach her mixology skill that put some money in her account, it was at the end of one of them when the contractions came.


She gave birth to two babies, Ramira and Franco. Almost immediately she had to leave them in the care of a babysitter, the need for work and money was more urgent than ever.


With two babies crying at all hours in her room, Bellandra began to sleep in her mother's bed.


It was the only way to get some hours of rest.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I think I didn't mention it before but English it's not my first lenguage, so if there is any error don't hesitate to point it out, this story is part of my learning.

It's also one of the reasons why the chapters are not very long, it takes me twice as long to write this to what I'm used to.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, Devin found someone else :( Has that been going on for a while and he just didn't tell Zoe, or was it a recent development? I can't help but wonder how he would have reacted if she'd only told him about the babies. And what is Zoe going to do when the kids start asking about their father?

    Writing a blog to practice English is a good idea! It's not my first language either, but the writing gets a lot easier if you manage to make it a regular habit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story progression hooked him with Caroline Custard at the time of Zoe's first pregnancy, so I took the opportunity to include that to the story. I hintend of that in previous chapters. Zoe's decision going to impact in the future generation, I have some ideas that I have to shape. And not done with Devin, he's a good sim, in the game he is a good dad and spends a lot of time with his children.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading and I absolutely love it! I'm sorry it's taken me so long! I'm only stopping here on my binge to say your English is excellent, and I have to admit I'm a little curious, what language is your first language?
    I wasn't really looking too closely, though I've seen a few phrasing things but really nothing big. I'll be sure to keep my eye out and let you know if I see anything! Otherwise, though, this is a fantastic way to practice!

    ReplyDelete